All Saints Episcopal Church
213 Madison Ave, Lakewood, NJ 08701-3316
732-367-0933

Mrs. Helen Mary Strong


1818-1899 (Find A Grave ref)


read aloud

In the death of Mrs. Wm. K. [Helen Mary] Strong the church in Lakewood has met with an irreparable loss. For many years she was an active member of All Saints' Memorial church and gave most liberally for its support. Her numerous memorials testify to the deep interest she took in the building up and embellishing of this beautiful place of worship. Her last and crowning gift was a parish house, with an endowment sufficient to light, heat, and keep it in repair. She loved much, and therefore gave much. No one ever came to her for charity and went away empty. Her great and generous heart went out to her friends and to the poor as well as to the church, and no one came to her in trouble or affliction that did not go away feeling better for having talked to her. Her numerous friends in Lakewood grieve over her death, for they will never see her like again.
Lakewood, NJ, March 18, 1899

  1891 North Transept window in memory of her Father, Mother and three sisters.  
  1891 Baptistry Gates and Light in memory of her husband, Willaim K Strong.  
  1891 Rear and Middle Chandeliers. Originally, smaller; later, enlarged.  
  1891 Alms Basin in memory of C.H. Kimball Jr.  
  1892 Mosaic Tablets in memory of Mary Louise Brown and Henry Haight Piffard.
  1893 Our Parish Hall which was completed in October and the service of blessing was held on All Saints Day. Later expanded in 1903, with an addition on the West side (the quadrangle) and a kitchen.